Neuropsychological tests evaluate an expanse and depth of cognitive reasoning, intelligence scaling, perceptual performance, processing speed, reading comprehension, mood status, personality styles, memory impairment, the occurrence of developmental disorders or neurological deficits.
The purpose of neuropsychological testing is to:
- Illuminate the presence of an underlying developmental condition
- Establish baseline cognitive function
- Elucidate pragmatic strengths and weaknesses
- Assess memory related to aging, stroke, physical or psychological traumas
- Gain access to educational programs
- Clarify or augment existing treatment strategies
Testing duration could range from four to twelve hours depending upon the complexity and battery of tests.
A formal report of these findings will be provided to you after the data has been compiled and interpreted by a psychologist.